for Telemedicine Appointment using Doxy.me
Thank you for using telemedicine at Athens Behavioral
Medicine. We are using this new technology in an effort to keep our patients safe and at the urging of both our federal and
state governments during the Covid-19 outbreak. Please bear with us as we navigate using this platform
which is new to our practice. We hope that you will forgive us for any inconveniences or any technology
difficulties that you may experience. If you are uncomfortable using telemedicine, we are still seeing
patients in person at our office location. We do hope you will find this telemedicine experience to be
a convenient, safe way to conduct your appointment with Athens Behavioral Medicine.
using doxy.me is HIPAA compliant, completely safe and private, and covered by most insurance plans in which we are in-network.
· a web browser: the only supported browsers are chrome, firefox, or
· a working webcam and microphone
or smartphone really is the easiest device to use for patients not used to videoconferencing because of the integrated camera/microphone
1. Contact our office via email email@example.com or phone (706-316-1908 option #2) to convert your existing appointment to telemedicine.
2. Our staff will send you a link via text (on your
cell phone) or email so that you can check in via a web browser 5-10 minutes before your appointment time. The text/email
will originate from doxy.me. If you happen to misplace the link or do not receive it; please click the
doxy.me link on this page or navigate to abm.doxy.me/athensbehavioralmedicine
Approximately 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time use a web browser to click the link and check in
to our online waiting room.
4. Our staff will correspond with you via doxy.me’s chat feature to
check you in, collect any applicable copay/balance, and have you sign our tele-consent form.
5. You will then need to wait near your computer/smartphone for your provider to begin
6. Once your appointment is completed; you will be placed on a short hold and then will checkout
with our office staff to schedule a follow up appointment.
7. Please let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (706-316-1908 option #2) if you have any questions or difficulties connecting.